Area Sales Manager (80 – 100%) m/w/dTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The PMA Sales Manager Asia is a business professional skilled on cable protection systems, electrical harnesses, plastic materials. She/He has extensive experience selling solutions for electrical harnesses in key segments such as: Railway (both rolling stock and infrastructure), robotics/automation and machine building. Ability to interact with the major segment players to negotiate business frameworks and build long term relationships. Experience in value selling and in coaching sales teams to hit their objectives while proactively support the customers. Ability to interact with Customer Service, R&D, Product Management and Marketing to gather the relevant information instrumental to support the customers.
This position reports to
- Boost PMA business in the defined area through the local ABB Sales Partner, influencing and coaching them to perform as expected
- Lead PMA Sales Partner in the defined area to hit their targets
- Represents the business interface for PMA Key Accounts in the region
- Drive the growth of PMA business, by identifying new applications and needs and work with the organization to create solutions, driving the activities of Application Engineering
- Ensure a frequent presence with PMA Sales Partners to drive business within the organization
- Extend best practices across the PMA Sales Partner to win the customers preference
- Design and implement strategic business plans with the Sales Partner that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Achieve the sales & business development targets driving specific business opportunities and other strategic goals defined in the HUB
- Own technical expertise to understand the customers’ needs and arrange the relevant answers to ensure PMA technology thought leadership in the market
- Experience to lead international Sales Teams/Partner
- Proven track record in negotiating and closing large turnkey contracts
- Minimum of 7 year of experience in a similar role – smaller scope
- Ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships at all levels including senior management
- University degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering background or similar work education – ideally with expertise in electrical harnesses
- Fluency in both oral and writing in German and English is a must
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills, negotiating skills, a customer-focused mindset, and a professional “can-do” attitude
- Willingness to travel to Asia
More about us
PMA has been developing, producing and selling top-quality cable protection systems since 1975. Its high-quality products have rapidly earned an excellent reputation worldwide and established it as the market leader. PMA product range gives customers the protection they need in railway, robotics & automation and shipbuilding applications worldwide. PMA products are also the solution of choice in other projects where power and data cables require dependable protection. PMA headquarters is located in Switzerland in the greater Zurich area. Most of the production for the world market is made there, and it is also the home of intensive research and development activities. We have distribution centers and sales offices in Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Austria, Italy and in the USA. PMA has around 170 employees worldwide. Together with a large network of professional partners in all of the major industrialized countries, PMA is always in a position to offer excellent advice, optimal service and fast delivery to its customers
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland, Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: