Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 135,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people worldwide. The Bern site, with its approx. 400 people of over 25 nationalities, acts as a center of expertise for development and manufacturing of innovative cell based viral- and bacterial vaccines and bacterial based therapeutic products.
The QC department is involved in the validation and transfer of various test methods as well as in performing of routine release and stability tests for novel clinical phase materials. The analytical methods applied in-house range from Western Blot, Capillary Western analysis, WES, gel based methods, qPCR, RP-HPLC, SEC and Ion chromatography.
- Be compliant with general guidelines, procedures and processes in the QC in accordance with the internal rules. This includes all steps of the analysis under cGMP from the sample collection point to the release of the results by the authorized person
- Perform timely and cost-effective testing of samples at required cGMP level resulting from operational activities, stability programs and monitoring
- Create and process ETS records if needed
Maintenance, care and GMP-compliant handling of the devices and technical aids used in the QC
- Write technical reports and documents if required
- Perform laboratory duties to support department objectives
- Periodic review and evaluation of analytical assays (cGMP) according to given timelines if needed
- Work in a clean and tidy manner to be ready for inspection
- Obtain the necessary materials and reagents for the assigned tests, including ordering laboratory consumables and reagents in the appropriate systems
- Support in planning activities if needed
- Support continuous improvement projects within QC in operational efficiency and GMP compliance
Who we are looking for
- University degree in natural sciences, applied sciences or equivalent
- Profound working understanding of laboratory operations and practices
- GMP knowledge
- Hands-on experience with analytical technologies (e.g. HPLC, IC)
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication abilities
- Independent way of working and taking ownership of assigned tasks and delivered according to agreed timelines
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, duties and assignments and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Your team spirit allows you to integrate easily into an existing team
- Good language skills in German and English, written and spoken
This job in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to 12 months. If you are interested in working with a global leading pharmaceutical company in a dynamic, progressive and collaborative environment, then send us your application today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!