Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In November, 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of
the turbocharging business.
This is a global leadership role since the ERP transformation program will be carried out in all units distributed in 50 countries with a total of 23 SAP systems. You will be based in Switzerland as part of a talented team who will work closely with you to make this business transformation a great success.
Extensive business acumen will be needed. Are you able to orchestrate 7 ERP projects in parallel and drive the global ERP carve-out in our Country subsidiaries? Do you have a proven track record in large ERP-carve-out Projects? Are you exceptionally committed, a Self-Starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply logical thinking and a good reasoning ability to tactical problems? Then we are looking forward to meeting you!
This position reports to the Division CIO.
- Lead the large scale and complex global ERP transformation program (110 subsidiaries in 50 countries on 23 SAP Systems) as part of the Division Turbocharging carve-out
- Understand the current and future ERP target landscape. Propose and implement the best fit migration path.
- Planning, management, implementation and control of international SAP transformation and harmonization projects incl. budget responsibility
- Guidance and supervision of ERP project managers
- ERP sourcing/contracting with focus on TCO and in collaboration with our global IT Category Mgr
- Design of cross-company, cross-country and cross-system processes
- Build up future ERP operation organization with internal and external services (clone, make or buy) with service delivery process according to ITIL.
- Coordination and planning of pre- and post-day 1 ERP activities
- Development of transformative solutions utilising new digital / cloud technologies to deliver value at pace
- Stable operation of our global ERP.
- Expertise in data and system architecture reorganization to align reporting capabilities with corporate goals, objectives and dashboards
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in contract management for IT services
- Cross-module SAP know-how as well as overarching integration skills with a focus on
- S4/Hana cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English is a must), including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O (Infrastructure and Operations) workforce
- Relevant university degree combined with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in a similar role, i.e. ERP carve-out within an industry/service environment
- Strong problem-solving, people management and change management skills.
- Identification and removal of obstacles/escalation and cross-functional conflict resolution.
- Flexible work practices
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Hanspeter Müller, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Publication ID: CH78869563_E2