Are you a highly driven lawyer with experience advising wealth management businesses on the application of Swiss and US securities regulation?
We are looking for someone like this to:
• provide primary legal support to UBS Swiss Financial Advisers AG (SFA), UBS's Zurich-based subsidiary licensed as a securities dealer in Switzerland and as an investment advisor in the United States
• assist in advising senior management and the SFA Board of Directors with respect to legal and regulatory matters
• monitor changes in relevant Swiss, US, EU, and other applicable regulations and assess the impact on SFA on a cross-border basis
• liaise with other members of the UBS Legal team and external counsel to monitor, assess and manage the impact of global legal developments
The SFA Legal team is a small team of specialized lawyers based in Zurich and forms part of the larger Legal Wealth Management team focusing on international markets and cross-border regulatory matters. With its global mandate for its specialist areas of expertise, the team covers Swiss and US legal and regulatory topics for SFA in Switzerland.
Your experience and skills
• a Swiss or comparable degree in law, ideally with relevant US education such as an LL.M. or US state bar admission
• practical experience with Swiss securities regulations applicable to FINMA-licensed securities firms
• practical experience with US securities regulations, especially the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, or experience in international regulation of financial institutions is preferred.
• fluent in English (additional languages, such as German, are a plus)
• self-motivated, fast learner, analytical skills and capable of working under pressure and within deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.