Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Procurement and Logistics Manager, you will be heading a team of procurement and logistics specialists in the Energy Industries Division, based in Switzerland. Furthermore, you will be implementing effective sourcing strategies to ensure that suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
Reporting to the Local Division Manager, you will drive excellence in the execution of purchasing and logistics strategies that aid the business by optimizing costs, quality and reliability of suppliers and supplied products.
- Heading the planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost, budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts
- Overseeing buying and strategical activities to ensure that Energy Industries minimizes risk by buying in accordance with procedures and ABB guidelines
- Leveraging CIPS category teams locally, regionally and globally to ensure appropriate supplier selection
- Monitoring internal and supplier performance, quality and development actions while resolving issues related to costs, quality and delivery
- Ensuring that the team is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed while guiding, motivating and developing less experienced colleagues in line with succession planning
- Min 8 years of experience in the field of procurement & logistics
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise resource planning and standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP Ariba, Celonis, Microsoft Office applications (PowerBI, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a collaborative, solution-focused approach and openness for new tools, implementations and different web-based tools
- A Supply Chain Management or Business Engineering degree is preferred
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: