Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
A little bit about us to help ignite your imagination
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG came together following the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets in 2021. A union which included some of Switzerland's most well-known leading marketplaces.
Our exciting portfolio currently spans four business areas and includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, CarForYou), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance and Insurance (financescout24.ch).
Become a part of our winning team at SMG
We hire the best digital talents to meet the highest demands of our users and customers in Switzerland. In return, we offer you an attractive, innovative, friendly and fast-paced work environment where you can reach your full potential, achieve your goals, and your successes are celebrated.
About the role
The Security and Anti-Fraud team (SAF) works to create and maintain the safest operating environment protecting hundreds of employees and millions of end-users. We lead, design, execute, and manage security initiatives, projects, products, and features across all marketplaces to improve the security of the infrastructure and our marketplaces, that is to ensure the safety of our employees and end-users. We actively monitor our infrastructure, systems, platforms, and marketplaces for attacks, intrusions, and fraud signals, and mitigate them. SMG values security, and SAF's mission is to protect the users and their data without sacrificing User Experience or convenience. The SAF team reports directly to the CEO. In this role, you will lead the Trust and Safety Center (TSAC), working with software engineers, product managers, customer care, and operations to proactively identify and improve the anti-fraud detection and prevention mechanisms at SMG.
You will be responsible for the safety of millions of end-users on our marketplaces, leading teams to identify, develop, and monitor fraud signals, and mitigate potential threats.
About the position
- Initiate and lead projects to protect the users of marketplaces from abuse, inappropriate content and fraud, through investigation, detection, and prevention
- Manage responsibilities effectively across multiple product areas
- Lead strategic initiatives and play an active role in implementing solutions that require cross-functional participation (e.g., Legal, Engineering, Operations)
- Design processes, monitor key performance indicators and report on workflow performance, and implement initiatives to drive improvements
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers, as well as customer care to innovate and automate abuse and fraud-fighting launch of security features, tooling enhancement, and/or defining and tracking signals
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and customer care groups to develop and build anti-abuse protections and advise on counter-abuse strategies and develop requirement documents based on analysis and product understanding
- Research abuse and fraud trends, develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, and measure the abuse rate impact of our operations
- Structure and execute cross-functional programs by developing plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Perform and investigate fraud and abuse analysis, producing actionable insights, and recommendations
- Identify opportunities for signals, automation, workflow improvements, and operational efficiency gains
- Lead cross-collaboration with engineering and product teams and influence technical direction as well as provide guidance for complex fraud detection initiatives
- Document and present results to a variety of audiences, including highly technical engineers, and non-technical subject matter experts
We already know you're talented, but here are some other requirements for the role:
- You have completed your university studies in cybersecurity, computer science or a related field
- You have demonstrated experience in the Internet Industry, Trust and Safety, risk analysis, anti-abuse, fraud investigations/detection/prevention
- Experience in coding (e.g., Java, Go, Python, or NodeJS), databases, and/or querying (e.g., SQL and MySQL)
- Experience leading security or Trust and Safety teams
- Ability to solve large unstructured business problems, working closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Product, Legal, and Customer Care)
- Ability to work independently and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to navigate and influence cross-team stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt and work in a fast-paced and fast-changing team environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across organisational boundaries
Benefits you'll love
Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons: explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, after-work-apéros, and regular company-wide events
- Free Gym Facilities (Flamatt office)
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group is a digital pioneer that simplifies people's lives with groundbreaking products. We aim to meet the most demanding user needs with our marketplaces. We provide our customers with the best tools for them to be successful today and in the future. We are proud that our employees come from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds, and we actively encourage their development. Swissness, growth ambition, simplicity and digital innovation define our identity. We are looking for digital talent to meet the highest expectations of our users and customers in Switzerland. We offer an environment in which you can make a big difference and your successes are celebrated. We look forward to hearing from you! For more information about the company go to www.swissmarketplace.group