Accounting and Reporting Assurance Services for US Reporting Companies,– Assistant Manager (80%-100%), Zurich/Geneva
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Our audit and assurances team is looking for you!
Are you an accounting professional with a passionate about solving our clients’ problems? Do you thrive on developing and motivating others? We are in the process of expanding our Accounting and Reporting Assurances practice focussed on US reporting companies. Working with us, you will provide external audit and advisory services to the clients ranging from US based multinationals with significant operations in Switzerland, Swiss headquartered, US listed companies, and emerging growth Swiss companies who are considering accessing the US capital markets.
We are seeking professionals who want to build upon their existing external audit experience to add value around technical accounting issues, financial reporting challenges, and internal control framework implementation and remediation. Your experience will include teaming with our disruptive transactions, financial advisory, risk advisory and consulting teams to provide these critical services to companies going through major transactions and finance transformations. You’ll also leverage, and maintain/enhance your experience through participating in our external audit teams with US listed audits.. As an assistant manager you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance
What you can expect from us
- Deliver integrated audits of multinational companies or Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies
- Deliver audit and advisory services related to spin-offs, acquisitions and divestitures, and carve-out financial statements
- Process financial statement conversions to and from US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Deliver accounting and reporting, and internal control advisory services to non-audit clients, including IPO readiness activities for SIX and cross-border listings (in particular US listings)
- The ability to leverage market-leading analytical tools and technologies to help our clients and our teams approach challenges in increasingly innovative ways
- Coach Swiss-based audit teams on technical US accounting, auditing and reporting matters
- Support in the development and delivery of internal and external trainings in your fields of subject matter expertise
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Supervise, coach and mentor your junior staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct
- Develop, maintain and leverage internal contacts across Deloitte businesses and geographies
- Motivated, self-starting team player with a “can do” attitude, who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- 3-5 years' PCAOB integrated audit experience, preferably at one of the Big 4in auditing, ideally at one of the Big 4
- US CPA license (or equivalent), a Swiss CPA license, or having begun your curriculum is an advantage
- Strong understanding of either US GAAP or IFRS (both is a plus), PCAOB audit standards, and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong project management and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Discipline and flexibility to work in a combination of virtual and live settings (conditions permitting)
- English proficiency is required; German, French or any further languages would be an advantage.
Any questions? Get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates, using our online career portal www.deloitte.com/careers.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Pilar Noarbe Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org