Assistant Manager (all genders) Assurance Services – Capital Market IFRS Accounting and Financial Reporting – Zurich
Help our clients execute capital market transaction projects and manage accounting and reporting challenges
Are you an accounting professional passionate about solving complex problems for our clients? Do you thrive on developing and motivating others?
We are in the process of expanding our Accounting and Reporting Assurance business with a focus on companies reporting under IFRS. Working with us, you will provide advisory services to emerging growth Swiss companies considering accessing the Swiss or US capital markets, clients undertaking finance transformations, or other capital market activities such as divestures, mergers & acquisitions or refinancing transactions.
We are seeking professionals who want to build upon their existing experience to add value around technical accounting issues, financial reporting challenges, and internal control framework implementation and remediation. Your experience will include collaboration with our disruptive transactions, financial advisory, risk advisory and consulting teams to provide these critical services to our clients.
As an assistant manager you will assist in the preparation of high-quality deliverables and advice clients on technical accounting topics. You will also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance.
What you can expect from us
- Lead accounting and reporting, and internal control advisory services
- Assist on IPO readiness assessment and implementation
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including carve outs, required for capital market transactions and initial public offerings for both domestic (Swiss Six) and cross-border transactions (US SEC)
- Assist on public listings through Special Purpose Acquisition (SPAC) Companies, spin-offs, acquisitions and divestitures, and carve-out financial statements
- Assist on financial statement conversions projects to and from IFRS
- Identify, prepare and participate in proposals for new clients and projects
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Supervise, coach and mentor your teams.
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification (e.g., Swiss CPA or foreign equivalent)
- 4-5 years of experience in financial reporting advisory preferably at one of the Big 4 accounting firms
- Experience with capital markets transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs) and carve-out transactions
- Strong understanding of IFRS (US GAAP is a plus),
- Discipline and flexibility to work in a combination of virtual and live settings (conditions permitting)
- English proficiency is required; German, French or any further languages would be an advantage.
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team at our Zürich office. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 8144