Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager (all genders), Audit Quality & Risk Management (“AQRM”) – Zurich /Basel /Bern / Geneva / Lausanne / Lugano (60% - 100%)
Promote a Culture of Sound Quality & Risk Management
Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance practice helps our national and international clients achieve their corporate goals, manage their risks and improve their business performance. Likewise, Deloitte must manage the risks in its own business and thereby preserve our reputation for high Audit & Assurance quality service. Audit Quality is the highest priority of our A&A strategy to serve in the public interest and to sustain the trust in Audit & Assurance. As part of the Audit Quality & Risk Management (“AQRM”) team, an internal function, you will help to promote a culture of sound quality and risk management by acting as a Subject Matter Expert for the Audit & Assurance practitioners. You will advise and support the business on the mitigation of all areas of risk, to protect the firm’s reputation and find solutions that enable the business to meet its objectives.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
From Assistant Manager level and above we can offer coaching and support for this position, especially designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a longer career break. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
How you can make an impact
- You will be involved in providing AQRM support to our Audit & Assurance practitioners from all offices in Switzerland and therefore acting in different industries (Financial Services and Corporate Industries).
- You will be involved in accounting discussions under international (USGAAP, IFRS) and Swiss requirements (Swiss GAAP FER, Swiss Code of Obligation).
- You will be working on audit methodology questions and consultations in respect of internal (Deloitte Audit Methodology) and external requirements as the Generally Accepted Audit Standards (eg. U.S.GAAS, International Standards of Auditing (ISA), Swiss Standards on Auditing).
- In close collaboration with your AQRM colleagues and our Audit & Assurance professionals, you will conduct Monitoring & Measurement activities (eg. internal inspections, diagnostics, health checks and others). You will therefore be able to work independently while benefiting from the expert advice of our experienced staff.
- You will contribute and actively participate in the development of our AQRM services (eg. assurance, ESG, Data privacy, etc.) and you will be involved in Audit & Assurance compliance activities in relation to independence, learning and other policies and procedures.
- Beside your role in our AQRM department you are also welcomed to be involved in selected Audit & Assurance engagements in order you see the best practices and development areas, which could be strengthened and supported by AQRM to further enhance our commitment to Audit Quality and increase the trust in our services on the financial market.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a degree in financial accounting or auditing, and you are interested in compliance.
- You are analytical, with a strong eye for detail, you are organized and efficient at managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills which allow you to build good relationships with practitioners at all levels up to partner, while providing suitable challenge when needed.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ work experience in professional services, ideally with some experience in financial accounting, auditing, Swiss Law or international accounting and international audit standards.
- You are fluent in English. German, French or Italian would be advantageous.
Become part of a diverse, multinational, and highly motivated team. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines. Reporting directly to the Audit Risk Leader or its deputy, there is broad scope for you to take on increased responsibility as your knowledge grows and to make a significant impact on the Audit & Assurance business. You will be part of the wider AQRM community in both Switzerland and across North South Europe (NSE).
Careers at Deloitte. Choose your impact.
At Deloitte, your ideas create impact and spark meaningful change for our clients, people and society. Your unique expertise, background and perspective helps us find new ways into the most complex challenges so we can brighten the futures of those our work affects. At Deloitte, you can build a career that inspires and energises you.
At Deloitte, you can choose your impact.
In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,700 employees at six locations, we serve companies and organisations of all sizes in all industry sectors. We offer meaningful and challenging work, a place where you can be you and where you will never stop growing.
You will benefit from flexible and hybrid working conditions as well as wellbeing and parental programmes. www.deloitte.com/ch/careers
Join us and become part of a global network of like-minded people dedicated to making a difference, whether by addressing climate change or improving 100 million futures by 2030. Want to know more about opportunities at Deloitte?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law. Research shows that women are less likely to apply for roles unless they match all the criteria; don’t hold yourself back – apply today.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 9228