Business Health, Safety and Environment Specialist (80 - 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position plays a vital role in enhancing Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) performance, contributing to the establishment of a high-performing culture characterized by clear accountability and a proficient organization within the local Electrification Service unit in Baden, Switzerland. As a direct report to the Local HSE Manager, you'll lead through example, leveraging your extensive HSE expertise to offer solutions and guidance for a diverse range of issues. Your responsibilities also include instigating behavioral change by implementing Group-wide systems, conducting training, and offering support from the Center of Expertise.This position is graded as 13
This is a position with global grade
- Facilitate HSE risk assessment by line management of shop floor employees, i.e., those directly affected by hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Report HSE incidents.
- Provide feedback on lessons learned as well as best practices from both own unit and across ABB, to management and employees.
- Reports progress on the implementation of ABB Group sustainability objectives and KPIs (key performance indicators) for the ABB Group, as required.
- Implements policies and standards and ensures the area of responsibility is audited.
- Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liabilities, and role fulfillment, according to local HSE law as well as ABB Group and business-specific requirements.
- Drives behavioral change through the local implementation of Group-wide and business-specific performance improvement programs and practices.
- Embeds an exemplary health and safety culture, as well as a strong focus on the environment, throughout the respective organization.
- Engages external stakeholders (e.g., customers, suppliers, relevant authorities) and internal stakeholders to report on, raise awareness of, gain commitment to and obtain objective feedback on ABB's HSE efforts and performance.
- Cooperates with other functions and business partners to drive HSE performance.
- Ensures that the appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used.
- Identifies, plans and initiates training needs, e.g. for employees, site managers.
- Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems.
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes HSE-related projects.
- Develops and reports on project objectives.
- Manages project resources such as staffing, financials and other relevant factors.
- Proven experience as HSE engineer, minimum of 5 years of experience
- Electrical engineering background
- The ability to manage complex issues and work in cross-functional teams
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- English and German are a must
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid