Control Software Engineer for Traction Applications m/f/d (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For our competence center at ABB Traction in Turgi, we are looking for a flexible and highly motivated Control Software Engineer to strengthen our multi-disciplinary Engineering team. If you like working in a dynamic environment, developing traction application software for a wide range of vehicles such as trams, locomotives, trains, buses or mining trucks, \"mixing\" technical challenges and customer focus, this opportunity is for you!
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
Manager Control Engineering Traction
- You develop control software for customer projects for traction converters and battery storage systems from the software requirements definition to the operational release running on the final system.
- You create and update software documentation according to the defined standards and homologation needs.
- You test and troubleshoot software in diverse environments like real-time simulator, laboratory, and finally on the vehicle.
- You support commissioning on site as well as remotely. For these activities you are willing to travel between 20 to 30% of the time.
- You provide technical support to your peers, to other disciplines and to the customer during project development, laboratory testing, homologation, initial operation, and service.
- You contribute to the further development of SW standardization by extending and maintaining libraries and software architecture.
- You have a University (Higher education) degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You bring experience in SW development for closed loop control, signal processing, algorithms, and real time programming mechanisms
- You have experience with IEC 61131-3 programming languages (CODESYS) as well as with SW Versioning tools (SVN, Git) and bring a well-structured approach to creating high-quality software and documentation
- You have experience with communication protocols and field bus (CAN, TRDP, J1939, MVB, ...)
- It is a plus if you bring any knowledge of converter control, power electronics or some understanding of SW development processes standards (like EN 50657, EN 50128 or IS0 26262)
- You have the ability to work effectively in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, the ability to learn quickly and flair to face new challenges.
- You bring a creative and solution-focused approach and show strong written and spoken communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
More about us