MOSE Global IS Governance and PMO Manager (location: EU)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be accountable for leading activities to define the operating model of the new MOSE IS organization and ensure its operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will also manage enabling IS capabilities, including collaboration and communication with MO and MOSE business and IS organizations. This includes defining and facilitating IS governance, budgeting, planning, key processes, project portfolio management, IS performance management, process and organizational maturity and effectiveness management, IS sourcing and vendor management, and talent planning and development.You will lead and work with distributed multinational teams of IS professionals and provide leadership and direction on the Business IS Operations Effectiveness of the MOSE IS organization to ensure alignment between the teams, BA and Group functions, and alignment with and contribution to the MOSE strategic business objectives.You will establish and lead the MOSE's IS project management organization which provides program/project management services and resources for IS initiatives and operations. This role is open globally, but its location is set in ABB Offices in Krakow (Poland), Helsinki (Finland), or Baden (Switzerland).
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
- Support CIO in the definition and drive the implementation of MOSE IS operating model, IS governance and processes. Guide MOSE IS functional leads in and facilitate the design, and implementation of MOSE IS frameworks and services including Financial, Demand, Change, Problem, Incident, Vendor Management, and Capacity Planning.
- Lead the definition and establishment of metrics and KPIs to measure the MOSE IS performance effectiveness. Accountable for the establishment of regular reporting and supporting processes to provide transparency on all aspects of IS performance, deliverables, and budget execution to support Business and IS leadership in management and decision-making.
- Collaborate with MO IS and MOSE IS controllers in providing guidance to budget owners during financial cycles and establishing the framework and required controls to capture and report actual spend. Coordinate the preparation and consolidation of program/project and overall MOSE IS budgets and forecasts and establish budgeting and financial reporting processes based on the controllers' guidelines.
- Establish and lead the MOSE IS project management organization (PMO). Create and drive a PMO capability roadmap, ensure successful implementation of the defined methodology, processes, tools, and deliverables.
- Ensure cross-program dependencies are captured, managed and changes are communicated to key stakeholders across business and IS organizations. Prepare regular portfolio status reporting to MOSE business and MO/MOSE IS stakeholders, develop overall IT PMO/PPM KPIs and establish a process to track and report them.
- Drive continuous improvement of IS processes and ways of working, policies, procedures, and applied methodologies by identifying areas for improvement or need for transformation across all IS service management disciplines; lead the development and deployment of process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma, and Continuous Service Improvements.
- Lead the MOSE IS communications and related activities across the MO/MOSE business and IS communities. Accountable for timely communication and the submission of required information to Corporate and BA IS stakeholders about MOSE IS activities, projects, and plans.
- 15+ years of broad IT/IS management experience in IS/application domain, IS governance & processes, IS vendor management, including 10+ years of global IS management/leadership experience in multinational companies with complex business operating model (ideally in manufacturing and services industries).
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management at all levels of organization. Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Proven ability to communicate at management level and link functional requirements with the group's strategic goals. Ability to explain complex technology matters in simple terms at all levels of organization.
- Demonstrated ability to competently mediate disagreements, break down organizational silos and bring parties with diverging agendas to a consensus or mutually. accepted compromise. Experienced political savvy with cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proven ability to manage global distributed/virtual teams and influence across organization without formal reporting relationship in place.
- Proven change leadership experience in large global IT/IS initiatives, able to demonstrate a major change delivered within IS governance and PMO domains in complex business environments utilizing appropriate methods, frameworks, and techniques as a change champion.
- Proven experience in driving improvement in the IT/IS Governance area, Solid knowledge of ITSM, COBIT, and other governance frameworks, certification is a plus. Knowledge of and proficiency in different project management methodologies, formal project management certifications (PMP, Prince2, Scrum/Agile) is a plus.
- Experience in delivering business value through providing leadership to PMO and establishing a robust and effective project portfolio management frameworks and processes.
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.#LI-hybrid