Quality Specialist (80 – 100%) m/w/dTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Quality Specialist has the role of deploying and facilitating the quality culture ensuring and controlling quality to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations, and representing the customer’s voice within local teams, leading improvement on manufacturing processes.
We are searching for 2 resources that will have in charge Customers and Process quality topics.
On this role you will be mainly engaged in guarantee that assembly and testing processes have stable performance and are driven to ensure compliance of the UPS products to requirements and specification.
You will also define process control plan and apply inspection techniques, lead and support problem solving process triggered by internal process or external customers, drive corrective actions to improve product performance, managing all aspects in line with guidance from ABB Group/division/business area.
- Lead and assist the team in Problem Solving activities, driving corrective and preventive action application, defining lesson learnt, maintaining the quality process documentation up to date.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in operation.
- Cooperate with product quality, customer quality and service in escalation processes in case of non conformances originated in production floor.
- Support and train team and operators in basic quality procedures, verifying the correct understanding in order to ensure product quality strongly focused to Customer satisfaction.
- Manage correctly warehouse in charge to Process Quality for non conform parts (both from physical and economical aspects) declaring clearly disposition about related final use. Manage periodical inventory.
- Support in Design for Manufacturing activities the new Product Industrialization team in order to prevent issues during series production, applying FMEA approach to identify weakness and improve them and defining control plan.
- Support in internal QHSE integrated process and layered audit program, take in charge corrective actions answering on time; support in third party audit
- Degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of professional experience in similar role.
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies for industrial quality and with demanding customers.
- Knowledge of manufacturing electronic and electrotechnical systems;
- Strong approach to Continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills, familiar to work approaching with structured Root cause Analysis and 8D report
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in Italian/English.
- Current VISA valid in Switzerland
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland, Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement: