R&D Functional Safety Engineer e-Mobility (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an expert in functional safety, you strengthen our R&D team on hardware, software and process related generation of work products according ISO26262 functional safety standard.Reporting to the Head of e-Mobility Team R&D, you will use your knowledge to contribute significantly to the development of safe products for e-mobility applications by identifying and implementing innovative solutions. This position is graded as 14.
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
R&D Team Manager
- Analysis and documentation of system, electronics and software design during concept and design phases according ISO26262 functional safety standard
- Contribute to the definition of the system level FSRs to drive hardware and software TSRs
- Engage with R&D team to drive the TSR creation, test case and test plans, ensure the requirement is clearly defined and ASIL metrics established
- Contribute to system integration validation and testing activities combining hardware and software
- Moderate technical meetings and collect needed information from the development team
- Collaborate with external certification bodies
- Serve as subject matter expert in functional safety according to ISO26262 to support product management, engineering, sales and customers
- Contribute to continuous process and tool improvements
- University degree in electrical engineering (M.S. ETH/University, B.S. University of Applied Sciences)
- Certified functional safety engineer, preferably for ISO26262 standard
- 3 years of experience with power electronics development and functional safety for e-mobility applications
- Solid understanding of ISO26262 and familiar with its work products and methods
- Sound analytical thinking skills, open minded and a structured way of working
- Good knowledge of German and English
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Marina Schulte, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.