Senior Project ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Are you looking for a challenge in which you take responsibility for system projects of medium to high complexity involving various contract types? This is your chance to help shape our business as a Project Manager in the area of System Drives.
In this role, you will be fully responsible for the successful execution of client projects in such applications as metals, renewable energies and oil and gas, which generally involve the supply and commissioning of complete powertrains; at the same time, you will ensure targets relating to deadlines, costs and scope are met. Your range of duties will encompass contract management, reporting and content, scope and change management as well as dealing with project-related risks, business opportunities, and procurement.
This position reports to
Global Business Developmnt Mgr Packaging
- Take over commercial and technical responsibility for projects – and proper structuring, planning, budgeting, and processing thereof – until the end of the warranty period
- Lead a global (and largely virtual) project team of qualified members from suppliers, engineering and production
- Responsible for meeting all contractual requirements
- Responsibility for meeting commercial targets (revenue, cash flow, NWC, margins)
- Consistently and decisively implement provisions relating to health and safety as well as quality
- Monitoring of projects and differing project reporting
- Work towards optimizing the general processing and usage of resources, thereby utilizing the resources of the local organization
- Contribute to internal improvement projects, applying Lean Six Sigma methods
- Degree in Engineering or Business Administration, plus relevant technical skills and at least four years’ experience in overseeing challenging customer projects.
- Ideally, knowledge of drives, electrical motors and transformers, plus experience of overseeing projects involving the system supplies to which these components belong.
- IPMA, PMP or ABB-certified (senior) project manager.
- High level of customer focus and leadership skills, allowing you to steer projects to success.
- Mentality of welcoming challenge, taking the initiative, and identifying and seizing opportunities. Focus on enhancing your working environment in line with the strategy of your business area.
- Understanding of how to manage a worldwide network of suppliers and get the best from a complex organization.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of contract and claim management.
- Business fluency in English is required; other languages, and especially German, would be a major advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the readiness to work as part of an international team.
- Results-oriented and assertive mindset with advanced analytical skills.
- Familiar with modern Office tools (Outlook, SharePoint, Teams) as well as MS Project
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Peter Reinhardt, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid