Sourcing Manager 80-100%
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Sourcing Manager you will be an active part of our Process Industries division based in Baden-Dättwil, Switzerland.You will handle the full range of Sourcing- activities for specific projects from Bidding status to Execution. In this role youare acting as a sparring partner for the Technical Sales and Project Manager for handling the subcontracted scope ofsupply of large projects. You are identifying and shortlisting Suppliers, conduct RfQ and negotiation processes to transferto execution orders and develop new sources wherever required.
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
- Build Sourcing Plan for Projects in Tendering stadium, including the definition and compilation of RfQ requirements,
- Supplier evaluation and negotiation in close collaboration with Technical Sales and Tendering Team After project award,
- build Sourcing Execution Plan for all required components and services in the delivery scope of the project. Coordinate
- commercial, contractual, technical and schedule requirements and develop solutions to optimize cost, time and quality.
- Prepare contract draft for change orders and sound execution to hand over to Purchasing Team.
- Take accountability for new Supplier Development in a leading role with discipline engineers, contract management and
- other stakeholders
- collaborate in the Sourcing and Supply Chain Team across locations to use synergies and best practices
- Fostering existing supplier relationships and establishing new ones
- Assuming overall responsibility for correct and on-time delivery of goods and services by suppliers, in addition to
- evaluating and reporting on supplier performance
- Sound operational background in Global Sourcing / Supply chain in industrial business environments
- Proven track record in Sourcing processes of engineered products and technical services, preferably in project industries.
- Knowledge of instruments, methods and processes associated with strategic sourcing
- A collaborative and solution-focused approach as well as strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products andlifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations andaugmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp &Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement and Food and Beverage.We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take anotherlook at our website www.abb.comABB Data Privacy Statement:https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidateWork model: hybrid #LI-hybrid