Caring for the world … one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. In Bern, about 300 people of over 20 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to bringing meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
Aim of Position
Process development, scale up and manufacturing at pilot scale of drug substance material complying with cGMP regulations within the downstream processing group (DSP) of the drug substance (DS) operations department. Planning and carrying out of the practical work; Continuous process improvement; Reporting and managing of quality issues and CAPAs; Batch documentation review; Generation and update of manufacturing and process/equipment relevant documentation.
- Execution of the practical downstream project work within a cGMP regulated environment. An implicit lead function in process planning and execution can be assigned to a Lead Technician
- Accurate reporting and interpretation of batch manufacturing results. Conclude on results in consultation with the process engineer or the scientist/team leader contributing to campaign reporting and to process and operational improvement
- Carry out development and manufacturing activities according to predefined study plans or batch records complying to the defined timelines
- Carry out core DSP processes (filtration, chromatography, cross flow filtration, centrifugation, buffer preparation, filling, equipment cleaning/setup/prep, etc.) complying to cGMP regulations
- Support and help troubleshoot purification operations
- Support process/cleaning qualification and validation work
- Establishment and ownership of SOPs and manufacturing protocols
- Support safety and environmental initiatives by testing equipment prior to starting production
- Report EHS gaps and/or incidents and initiate EHS improvements
- Document the executed work in protocols and batch records in accordance to good documentation practice
- Perform batch record review
- Plan the execution of work packages and manufacturing operations as well as side activities
- Perform manufacturing raw materials/consumables reservations in ERP system
Who we are looking for
- MSc or BSc degree in life science (pharmaceutical technology/biotechnology, food technology, chemical technology or equivalent) or technician in life science (pharmaceutical technology/biotechnology, food technology, chemical technology or equivalent) with several years of relevant professional experience
- Flexible, adaptive and a team player
- Ability to work independently and self-disciplined to meet the given timelines
- Strong communication in German and English
- Previous experience or knowledge with downstream pharma processing operations is a major plus (chromatography, filtration, TFF, etc.)
This role based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 12 months. If you are interested in working for a global leading health care company in a challenging role, then send us your application in English today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!