Caring for the world … one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 135,000 people.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 40,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. In Bern, about 500 people of over 25 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to bringing meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
- Planning, execution, and documentation of assigned project work (USP) with established procedures (MBRs, SOPs) according to good documentation practice and corresponding regulations (cGMP, ICH). To a lead technician an implicit lead function in process planning and execution can be assigned.
- Carry out core USP processes (fermentation, separation, depth filtration, buffer preparation, equipment cleaning/setup/prep, etc.) complying to cGMP regulations.
- Organization of the lab (GMP area), including safety and safety procedures and troubleshooting if needed. Reporting of EHS gaps and/or incidents and initiation of EHS improvements.
- Internal organization of assigned pilot plant facility suites including implementation of safety relevant procedures as well as admin activities (logbooks, cleaning protocols, etc.) according to cGMP regulations.
- Establishment and ownership of SOPs and manufacturing protocols.
- Document the executed work in protocols and batch records in accordance with good documentation practice, report documentation gaps and act upon them depending on defined responsibilities.
- Accurate interpretation of batch manufacturing results/data. Concluding on results with the process engineer or the scientist/team leader thus contributing to campaign reporting and to process and operational improvements.
- Communication with internal and external parties for raw material supply as well as for purchasing and commissioning of new equipment.
- Supporting process/cleaning qualification, validation work and equipment qualification and computerized system validation activities.
- Supporting equipment qualification and computerized system validation activities.
- Implementing new techniques and technologies, staying up to date with novel technologies related to the work area, maintaining a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Key role in writing MBRs.
- Support establishment and feedback to study plans, study reports, SOPs, MBRs, technical and equipment maintenance/calibration reports.
- Initiating quality issue records and low impact investigations as well as corrective actions.
- Initiating Change controls and CAPAs.
- Execution of Batch record review I (BRRI).
Who we are looking for
- MSc or BSc degree in life science (pharmaceutical technology/biotechnology, food technology, chemical technology or equivalent)
- Flexible, adaptive and a team player
- Ability to work independently and self-disciplined to meet the given timelines
- Good communication in German and English
- Knowledge of USP technology, cell and virus cultivation and bacterial fermentation is a major plus
This job based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 12 months. If you are interested in working with a global leading pharmaceutical company in a dynamic, progressive and collaborative environment, then send us your application today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!